Read this blog from the "bottom up." Scroll down to the bottom of this page and click "older posts." Repeat that task for page 2. When you get to the bottom of page 3, you will start the first blog. There are 21 blog posts total.

Friday, August 10, 2012

World Series Uniform

I got excited when the UPS truck delivered my Little League World Series Uniform yesterday.  Plate slacks, base slacks, black jacket, black shirt, powder blue shirt, and two dry fit type black T-shirts (not shown in picture).  We will get our hats in Williamsport on August 14 or 15.  I always wear a plate shirt one size larger than my base shirt size.  It appears that the plate shirt is black and the base shirt will be powder blue, based on the two sizes.  I noticed last year that the plate guy shirt was different from the base guys.  We'll see how they want us to wear our uniforms at the umpire meeting two days before the games start.


I got my number...most appropriate for Chief Umpire of California District 12

None of us umpires know what games we will be doing or what positions on the field.  We will get that information by evening August 15, but I will probably be only for the first few days of the tournament.  So you will have to keep up on this blog to find out.  It appears there are 4 games per day for the first week, so us umpires will be doing 1-2 games per day at the 7 positions.  Plate, 1st, 2nd 3rd, LF line, RF line, and one on standby (in case somebody keels over...I mean....gets hurt or something like that).  You can find the TV schedule at     http://www.littleleague.org/media/newsarchive/2012/May-Aug/TVCoverageShowcaseLittleLeagueInternationalTournament.htm.   That schedule also posts the Regional games going on now.  If you get a chance, watch some of the Regionals.  You might recognize some umpires you know.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Dan! Mike and I are enjoying your blog. Keep up the good work

    Mar and Mike

    ReplyDelete